Friday 18 January 2013

Next stop China!

So wow. Yesterday was absolutely amazing. An 8am start, Loko headed to canyon swing and while I made my way to the Nevis. Loko's swing involved a 60m freefall followed by a 200m seeing across the canyon. He will be uploading the video to Facebook in which he screams like a little girl...its hilarious.

My Nevis bungy jump started with a gondola ride to the bungy platform suspended in the middle of a valley.  The instructions were simple jump, fall 134m and on your second bounce back up pull the tag on your left leg. As soon as I was on the platform all fear vanished and was replaced by sheer excitement. 3, 2, 1 and I jumped. So many thoughts rush through your head as you fall, one of which for me was "I need to find a higher one!". Hence next stop China where they have a 233m bungy, when I can afford it! I will put the video up on Facebook soon.

Next up was Shotover Jet. The boats can run over a minimum of 95mm of water and they go fast! The drivers are great, getting so close to the walls of the canyon and doing 360 degree spins. After that we enjoyed a brief but great helicopter ride with the pilot doing dramatic banks every now and then.

The rating lasted for 2.5 hours through some great rapids. Unfortunately one had been made too dangerous by the recent bad weather so we had to walk around. After all the excitement we had a drink then returned to the hostel  for a BBQ and a quiet night watching the tennis.

Had a sleep in this morning and finally checked out Fergburger. In the wise words of Samuel L Jackson "That is a tasty burger!". May head up the mountain to see some scenery.

Stay calm and don't ever buy pre-ripped jeans. Adios Charlie X

No comments:

Post a Comment